Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Autumn word book and Step Card


This step card was made from a piece of A5 card. The Autumn colour backing papers were made with glimmer mist and adirondack mists just randomly spritzed on and blended. I love the sheen you get from the mica in these. The images were then drawn on the Cricut and cut using the "Load last" function and coloured with Copic pens . The cart is Speaking of winter and Stretch your imagination

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Autumn Word Book

Not feeling so inspired today till I got my new Cricut Cart out "Speaking of Fall" I love the leaf shaped alphabet and it needed to be tried as a word book. Unfortunately I didn't make the pages quite long enough so you can't read the whole word in one go but its quite small so that did make it a bit more difficult.

This tool 2 A4 sheets of cream card, one sheet of pattern paper, my cricut markers and some images from the "Stretch your Imagination" cart. I have had the markers for some time but not had much luck with using them but thanks to the forums I now know how to draw and then cut without it going out of line :-)

The whole book was designed with the Design Studio Software first.

Then I drew the design with the cricut markers, in case you don't know they fit in the machine where the blade usually goes and instead of a cut it draws, sorry if you knew that :-( Then I pressed load last and put in the cut blade and cut them out. I then coloured all the images with Copic pens, cut some matching paper to make panels on the front and also cut panels for the back. I did that by using the original cut file but loading the paper upside down (white side up) so that when you turn it over it fits on the back of the page. I coloured the extra images with copics too and assembled it and put the ring on to hold it together.

Capture shot of pages being cut A, U, T, U and M


and N
Additional images that I used to embellish itThe finished book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)