Pages

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Christmas alternative to a card

I have had this cut out ready to make for a week or more but due to having a busy time its just sat here. So as I wasn't feeling so great today it made a nice ready to go project to complete. I wanted something a little different for my parents this year than a normal card. I have seen wreaths posted in various places so here is my take on one. Hope you like it.

I used -
embossed card by I think Papermania and some Basic Grey,
Glamourdust which is on the edges of the top flower layer (bit hard to see it here)
Pearl gems for the flower centres
Nestabilities for the greeting mount and Papermania stamp
Some ribbons and some old cardboard for the ring on which its mounted.
The Cricut carts used are Joys of the Season and Christmas (if you would like the cut file please ask for it but its made on a 12" x 24" matt so you would need to have that)

very basic Instructions-
I cut a ring for the backing at 8" and inked it with distress inks then cut the circles and stamped the greeting for the centre, a little inking onto the white to pop it forward.
I curled the flowers with my bone folder to give a bit of shape. There are 3 layers joined with sticky foam pads to also add height.
I made some small bows for between the flowers and a larger one for the bottom and glued a length of ribbon to the back for hanging it up.
I joined 2 12" x 12" sheets of paper to make a basic envelope to hold it and used more Nestie' circles to make the greeting on that.

It was a very easy project but if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me and I will reply ASAP.
Thanks for looking

1 comment:

  1. You did a beautiful job on your wreath. Your parents will love it. Do you have a cut file for the flowers? If you do and are willing to share I would like to have it. My email address is wnbishop@wildblue.net
    Thanks, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)