Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Stocking Filler or Tree Decoration



A little idea for a stocking filler or to hang on the tree. You can make them in any colour, I did white sugar mice that are a UK tradition. I tried them in paper and felt but felt works best as its more pliable for the ears. I have also attempted to design a CUT FILE for the Cricut but I haven't tested it, you may like to have a go with that. Its using Plantin Schoolbook but I am sure you could use George if you have that (I don't, sorry)

Here's a screen shot to follow if you want to try making your own or you can download mine from the Media fire link above. You can use it to make a paper pattern unless you can cut fabric on your Cricut, I have never tried that yet.
This is the paper pattern I cut freehand. The 2 little slits are to thread the ear strip through and I coloured the inside slightly to make them look pink, not to sure that really shows up in the photo's. You can thread them onto a pencil or candy cane which gives the effect of the tail.Push the ears up through the body either side so you have a loop underneath to thread your pencil or cane through.

Hope you like them
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)