Pages

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Another Soap Box




Ok so you can say my mojo is returning :-) 3 posts in one day!! I love these empty washing powder boxes as they are sturdy and handy for all sorts of storage. This one is a box to keep packets of garden seeds in, again for my Mum.

I gave it a coat of acrylic paint first and allowed to dry. Then I raided some nice magazines for flower and fruit pictures to decoupage onto the box. I used Marvy Medium to glue on the torn pictures and after I painted it all over as a "glaze come varnish". I thought torn edges gave a better effect. Then I ran an ink pad over the edges to darken them. Add a lock and handle on the top, a chain with charms, from Tom Holtz elements range for Altered Art, the charms a strawberry and leaves are from a jewellery bead shop.. I stamped the word garden on card and glued it on under a piece of acrylic, again from the Tim Holtz elements range.
** Allow plenty of time for the Marvy Gloss to dry, leave it open in a warm place, preferably over night as you don't want it to glue shut and ruin your work.

TFL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)