Pages

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Grungepaper notebook holder
















I made a little shopping list note holder for my mum to put in her mothers day bag. It was simple to do but useful for her I hope.

I used grungepaper as its soft and flexible like leather and softens with use unlike card which would fall apart. I basically cut a piece of grungepaper to the size of the pad height plus a little overlap and x 3 lengthwise as I want it to be a fold round wallet, you also need a strip to make the strap for the cover to slip under to hold it closed. I used paint dabbers (distress pads work as well) and covered the whole piece and the strip both sides. Then I ran it through the cuttlebug to give it a texture design. I dragged a clear embossing pad over the design and brushed it with perfect pearls (any mica powder would do though) to highlight areas of it.

2 comments:

  1. that is gorgeous! love the embossing makes it so elegant! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)