Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Word Plaques and Door Hangers

These are so popular right now and in my massive sorting session I came across a load of these wood blanks to make them.


I am having issues with the "Safmat" I used to print the wording on, when I embossed over the top to give them a nice textured  glossy finish the tape reacted with the heat, so not so good. The  pink one I used with glossy accents which was a  little better.

The flash from the camera makes them look worse :-( in natural light they are not so bad.  I think I will try some with a lighter pastel colour background as that might help too.

Used:

  • Wood blanks (Ebay)
  • Ranger Paint Daubers by Tim Holtz
  • Glossy Accents
  • Ultra thick embossing powder 
  • white embossing powder & Brilliance white pad (pink plaque)
  • Safmat
  • Glue Pad
  • Stazon inks 
  • Artemio Stamp Flourish
  • Sandpaper
Method:
  1. Sand the shapes to remove any rough edges
  2. paint with the daubers and allow to dry
  3. In a toning colour stamp the flourish design
  4. Add the self adhesive cut out lettering
  5. Dab all over with a glue pad and coat in UTEE and melt with a heatgun - or cover with Glossy Accents and allow to dry
  6. Add a metal picture hanger to the back (plaques)
TFL

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)