Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Altered jewellery stand

Can't quite get the effect of the gilding with the camera

Rubbed back for a more distressed look
Yesterday I did something I have not done in years, I went to a Jumble Sale.  I came away with loads of rubbish with an aim to up-cycle it into nice things.  Well that was the plan but a lot went into the bin!  

I got some lovely vintage fabric, napkins and clothes, mainly to wash and use for patchwork.  A nasty mirror and thing for hanging jewellery on and some books, some to read some to alter and all in all I spent about 2.00 :-)

Here is the first of them, altered and in my opinion better now.
Before
Not my sort of thing as it is
NOW
Painted with acrylic paint, first leaf green followed by a coat of cream.  Then touched over with gilding size and flakes rubbed on for a random gilded effect
Not great photo's but it looks nicer in real life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)