Pages

Saturday, March 02, 2013

Backgrounds using Distress Ink


O'k so I admit it, I cannot get the hang of brayer backgrounds.  I blame the brayer I have as it's probably not the best one on the market (a poor workman always blames her tools..lol).  So today I tried to get the effect by using foam instead and I am pleased with the results.  I recommend using glossy card though as it helps the ink to move round better, I also used a wet wipe to smudge with which worked very well.

Let me know what you think
Thanks for visiting
Tree Stamps by Elusive Images Season's Collection
 Colours Used:

  • antique linen
  • brushed cord
  • walnut stain
  • pine needles
  • peeled paint
  • shabby shutters
  • aged mahogany
  • worn lipstick
  • mustard seed
  • frayed burlap
  • milled lavender
  • faded jeans
  • dried marigold

The shadow is done with copic markers and the trees are stamped with Stazon inks all done on white glossy card
Paper has been torn to make masks for the hills and sun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)