Pages

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

A Fairground Gypsy Caravan

Here is the finished Gypsy Caravan I made this week.






The actual MDF caravan came from Clever Cut as a kit, it is easy to assemble.  I painted the inside of the pieces before gluing together.

I put the door on the wrong end but it isn't that much of an issue.  The whole thing is painted in soft pink and duck egg blue acrylic paints.  

The flower box is made of coffee stirrers glued and painted to make a window box shape and then painted.  I put a small strip of matching paper behind and some flowers and artificial moss.  I found hot glue to be the best way to stick the flowers on.

The paper is I think Dovecraft and called Fun Fair, I had it in 12 x 12 and 8 x 8 sizes and the smaller one was better for making the stripes along the panels.  I also cut one of the fairground merry go round horses as a decoration. I also had some brass roses which I added to the wheels and harness bars.

I used a die to cut the bunting on my Big Blue die cutting machine using fabric for the curtains and flags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)